Technology Action Group (TAG)
(May 2019 intake)
How might we empower skilled IT professional newcomers to find purposeful employment?
The Technology Action Group (TAG) is a working group between settlement agencies, immigration support, and a technology incubator to help navigate IT employees to appropriate positions. As frontline employees dealing directly with immigrants seeking employment, the TAG team was able to connect on a regular basis to share issues as they develop with current applicants. The information shared between the group members allowed them to effectively and appropriately triage needs in terms of language training, technology skills applicability, experience and others.
UPDATE: Due to restructuring and funding changes at PETL, this team is not meeting anymore. The structure and process of their meetings may be useful for other groups.
- Jessica Kennedy - Venn Innovation Inc.
- Daniela Fernandez - The Multicultural Association of the Greater Moncton Area / L'Association Multiculturelle du Grand Moncton
- Chantal LeBlanc-Maldonado - Atlantic Human Service
- Lori-Ann Dubiel - 3+ Economic Development Corporation
- Maryse Leger - Atlantic Human Service
- Kathie Ouellette - Post Secondary Education Training and Labour